Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Support Group

So, Sunday night I had some real food!! We all went out to Mexican food so I got a child's plate (which was a shit ton of food!) I got an enchilada and refried beans. I just ate the meat out of the enchilada and a little of the beans...not even like 1/4 of what they gave me. So I brought home the rest of the beans. But man was it was good!!!

I'm finding that I'm having to remind myself to eat slow. This will be especially important when I start having regular food again, so I'm trying to start now. If I don't eat slow, it hurts. I found this out last night...wish I hadn't. Last night my mom and I were going to go to a support group meeting at the weight loss center. So I rushed from Aj and Kelsey's (I was watching the girls) to my moms, and she had a piece of fish cooking for me. Well I didn't have very much time until we needed to leave. And I ate way to fast. I had to actually pull over before we got to the freeway because I thought I was going to throw up! But I didn't, thank god. But it hurt like hell, right in my chest. UGH I hope I never do that again! BTW fish with just salt and pepper...how do I say this. Its not that great! At all.

So the support group is once a month on like the first Monday or something. Anyways, this month was a panel of 5 people that have all lost over 100 pounds. They talked about how they did it and stuff. It was pretty good. I wasn't thinking I would really like the meetings, but I'll probably go every month. Just to talk to people, and watch them shrink!!

Right now I have some eggs boiling so I can make some egg salad. I just e-mailed the nutritionist too, to ask her for suggestions or recipes for a protein. I can have ground meat and flaky fish. Well I don't know how to make those things so they're actually decent tasting. Well I do...but not for how I should be eating it now :) Battered and deep fried are on the DO NOT DO list :)

I think for dinner tonight, I'm going to have some of the left over beans, or egg salad and either butternut squash or mashed sweet potato.
 
GO HAWKS

No comments:

Post a Comment