Wednesday, January 1, 2014

New Years Day

Today, everytime I sit up and get off the couch, my stomach hurts a little. But once I'm up and moving around its better. Just hurts at first.

I was able to drink a lot more today, and Gatorade is WAY better than water!! And I've drank 2 things of chicken broth, yesterday I don't think I even was able to drink one. Its definitely a lot harder when you drink about 1 teaspoon at a time. If I drink too fast/too much at once, I have reflux where it just doesn't all go into my stomach, so I basically feel it go back up into my throat, then it goes down.

My mom and I walked to the end of her road twice today, and I'm so glad we are supposed to walk. It makes me feel a lot better. Yesterday when we walked, is when my shoulders would really start to hurt. Today that wasn't the case, thank god! They only started to hurt once today, and my heating pad helped that go away.

My dogs were wonderful nurses lastnight, after all the damn fireworks stopped and they quit barking and growling (around 1-2am) so I could finally sleep. Then they let me sleep until about 8:30, which is NOT normal. They usually have me up around 7am.

I can't wait until the bandages fall off, they say it can take about 2 weeks. So I can see how big the incisions are. Only one of them is bruised up pretty good.

I noticed today, that I actually haven't even craved food. AT ALL! Its so weird to not be hungry or want to eat anything. The chicken broth tastes AMAZING though. William said if he's off Friday, hes going to make me some homemade chicken broth :)

Tomorrow I get to start my "full liquid diet" so I can have apple sauce, yogurt, fruit juice, jello, pudding and thin soups. And I'm on that diet until week 3, then I start having foods I can mash up with a fork, so like eggs and stuff.

Anyway, Just thought I would keep ya'll updated about today. I might or might not update tomorrow..we will see :) have a good night everyone!

2 comments:

  1. It's great to hear your experience, I had heard that this particular surgery does affect your " hunger sensors". Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete