Tuesday, August 12, 2014

8 months

So, I realized I haven't posted here in a LONG time! 30 pounds again to be exact. I'm horrible at remember to do it. But I'm going to try toupdate more, write more of my experience than I want to write on facebook. Write more, just in case someone happens to stumble upon this page that is thinking about getting this amazing, life changing surgery done :) Maybe I can be some inspiration to someone.

So, 8 months out and I'm down 80 pounds. I'm very happy that I am averaging about 10 pounds a month. Some weeks I've gained, but I expected it. They said if you drink one night, expect to gain some that week, or not loose. I sure get "buzzed" a lot faster now, A LOT fast now. But just as fast as it happens, its gone. So I have to drink multiple shots in a row if I want to actually drunk. And now I realize I am sounding like a drunk haha. I don't drink often, just what I have noticed :)

Another funny thing, I still take too much food, pretty much everytime I eat. Idk if that will ever go away. But I'm sure I've always done that. Just before surgery I would eat it all. Even if I was full. Now though, I stop as soon as a I feel full, which is pretty damn fast. Also, its funny thinking that I haven't had a soda since December. I don't even miss the shit. Before surgery I would stop drinking it, then go back to it. I liked the carbonation. Now that I know what it does to your stomach, especially after having surgery, the last thing I want to do is stretch it back out. But its crazy to think that I don't even crave it anymore.

Last night, I went to a support group at the weight loss center. The topic was cosmetic surgery. I pretty much went into thinking that I would never have anything done. Needless to say, I left wanting an arm lift, breast lift and tummy tuck :) It is so crazy seeing the before and after pictures and how much of a difference it makes!!

I have had about 6 or 7 shirts in the back of my closet. Bought them and they were too small. So they've been hanging there, in the back of my closet. Well last week I decided I would try one on. IT FIT! They ALL fit!! I am so happy. Some have literally been there for 4 years.

William got a 2nd job, so he now has to wake up at 2:30am, I usually would get up at 4. I've decided that I'm going to get up when he does (since his alarm wakes me up anyway, and IF I fell back asleep, I would probably wake up every 10 mins anyway) But I will wake up and do a 30 minute workout video. Why not? I know I won't do it after work, so I will do it first thing in the morning when I can't make excuses. Tuesdays and Thursday my mom and I are doing kettle bell classes. We've been going since..MAY? I think. I freaking LOVE kettle bell. Everyone should try it. I'm getting some damn good arm muscles :) Its funny to flex and actually a see little baby muscle forming!

Anyway, Here is my latest picture. I haven't measured yet this month to see how many inches I've lost. I'll have my mom do that tonight.


1 comment: